Monday, April 16, 2012

Tale of a trip... part seis

Gulf to Atlantic

Thought you'd like to see the sign just outside our hotel here in Port Charlotte. Man, don't let the kiddies wander or let Fido out to relieve himself...

On our way out of town (we were headed to Fort Lauderdale as that was where we had to leave our Floridian paradise and head back home), we stopped at a beach called Barefoot Beach, so beautiful- white sand, blue-green water. The water on the gulf side seems to be quite peaceful- no big waves at all while we were there... a hurricane would cause a little more chop, I suppose. But the drive to this beach was incredible. The houses were amazing, and just check out the road... Follow the red brick road, follow the red brick road..." I wondered what kind of maintenance would have to be done on this type of road during the winter... then I remembered where I was. Too much sun perhaps?

The drive through the Everglades was uneventful, 'cept we sang campfire song and rounds all the way through it- right. I thought for sure there would be gator roadkill all over the place, but no! There were a lot more trees than I thought there would be- at least the first part had lots of trees. As we got closer to the eastern side, it did get more swampy and grassy. Anyway, a couple of pix on the drive east.

Remember on part cuatro that I was going to tell you about the story of the Pumpkin Juice that we were going to take home and share with all? Well, in the immortal word of Paul Harvey- "And now, the rest of the story...". After we checked into our hotel in Fort Lauderdale and unpacked out stuff, I was looking for the Pumpkin Juice to put into the refrigerator- it was not to be found anywhere. The only thing I can think of it that I left it in the refrigerator at the hotel in Port Charlotte- dang! Oh well, I guess that will be a good tip for for the cleaning person (lest I offend, I want you to take notice that I didn't say cleaning lady, as that would not be politically correct. And no, I don't know a lot of cleaning ladies). They can take it home to their kids or grand kids. I suppose we'll just have to make another trip to Potterland someday. :) "And now you know, the rest of the story.... good day!"

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo! Not the pumpkin juice! Anything but that! Honestly, I've never had the stuff, so what the heck do I know?

    ReplyDelete