Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tale of a trip... part ocho

Fort Lauderdale- Beach-side
We spent a couple days here, yesterday at the 'Glades, but we also hit the beach as often as we could, usually in the morning and at night just to go for a walk or to eat. One morning Brenda and I went to the beach and she did her thing whilst I went for a run.
After being down here, I can see why the snowbirds flock to this region of the country. I could probably be talked into a place like this. I love to run along the beach and wade in the surf... where I can hopefully get a little more sun on my florescent-white legs, and Brenda can enjoy the sun (actually, anyplace warm for her). We may have to look into it when we get older- "...but today is not that day!..."

As I mentioned before, we always tried to find local places to eat and not go to the national chains we're familiar with. Last night we went to some obscure pizza place... it was OK. Tonight we went to Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. It was quite good. There were a lot of things Forrest Gump there... "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

We had to go someplace nice each night to eat, it seemed. We judged it this way.... Sydney would look at a place and say "This place doesn't look good". We finally realized what she was really saying was, "This place doesn't look expensive enough". My how her tastes are gonna change once she is on her own and she's paying the bill! :) Well Florida, it's been wonderful. Has it been a slice of heaven? No, but it's been real close I think. Tomorrow we'll be flying home and we're sad to leave this warm paradise and go back to the real world. Check this out- Madison just sent us this picture of what we are heading back to... boo hoo! Sends a shiver down my spine. Guess I'm ready for spring.
Oh well, all good things must come to an end... as they say. Why do they say that? It's not very nice. We didn't get to do all the things we wanted, like; we wanted to go down to the Keys and spend a day or two there- maybe next time, we hope... we hope to have a next time. "...I still cling to hope..." Fare thee well Florida- we will miss you. Thanks for a lifetime of memories.
"Snip snap snout, this tale's told out."

1 comment:

  1. and how we enjoyed reading about it, my brotha from a different motha. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. Next time maybe we can go with you! Man, would that be fun or what?

    ReplyDelete