Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful... part I

On this week of Thanksgiving, there are many things to be thankful for. Today, I'm Thankful For Puddles...

On my drive to work this morning, even though it being partly cloudy, the sun was trying to peak through and put some sunshine in my soul. As I drove along, I kept smelling something that peaked my olfactories, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. I did a quick check of my armpits- nope, all OK, I remember showering. I got to work and began living someone else's dream, but could still smell something. "The stench- it's fantastic! Max, grab a bag, we'll come back later for the rest. Course when I say we I mean you..."The Grinch. I don't know if any of you out there remember the movie Clue, there is a scene where everyone invited to Mr. Body's dinner appointment would check their shoes upon entering the house- and that's what I did and... HELLO! Must have picked up something this morning on the way over to check ob my dad. Stinkin' dog or cat poo! It was probably Fernando, my cat (a.k.a Satan, Hitler, Charles Manson, etc) getting back at me for not feeding him I guess.

So, what to do when you're at work with poo on your shoe? Didn't think the bathroom toilet was the best option, so I went outside and because of the rain during the weekend, lo and behold, the great blessing of a puddle. I went to work straight away by taking off my shoe and swishing it in that wonderful puddle. Now, I could be angry that I had poo on my shoe, but I'm tell you, you've got to look for that silver lining in that darkening cloud, the opportunity to make lemonade when given lemons... the blessing of a little puddle when so desperately needed.

I'm thankful for puddles :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, as long as no one else was looking at you and scrunching up their noses, I think you're good to go. Of course, I would have paid big money to watch you wash your shoe off in a puddle. I have laughter tears rolling down my cheeks right now, and I'm 2000 miles away! Oh, my sides ache!!

    ReplyDelete