Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Ancient of Days Get More Ancient

The day after we got back from our little vacation to Island Park (post that I hope to post soon), my dad had his 99th birthday. I didn't get a picture of him on that day, but I got one of him when we were celebrating Pirate Princess Isla's birthday a few days later. Here's a pic of "Two-Eyed Willey" himself.
He is doing quite well for a 99 year-old dude- he (we) are very fortunate for that. He is now as old as his mother was before she died. But I think he really has his eye on the prize- to be the oldest in his family. One of his brothers lived to be 103. Might he do it? More than likely. Barring any slips, falls, or the like, he will probably achieve it and beyond. One thing to take into account is the battery life on his pacemaker. The doctor said it has a 10 year life. He's already done 2 of those. Is it rechargeable? don't know. I haven't had to plug him in since it was installed, so, who knows? He's a danged energizer bunny, that guy. "...A little girl asked me what am I gonna do when I get old and blue and worn clear through. And I said by that time I'm gonna be in my prime I'm gonna strut like a cock until I'm 99..." Grand Funk Railroad
Here is also a 4-generation pic for you to enjoy. "YO HO!" That's what Jake and the Neverland Pirates say.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, Dad doesn't looks great! I hope he makes it as long as he wants! You, on the same hand, don't look a day over 20. What is your secret, man? Except for a little bit of gray in the fuzz on your chin, you don't look any older than the day I met you (15 June 1978, if you're wondering). Must be all of that righteous living...with B! TQ, brotha!

    ReplyDelete