Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Crazy Fun Weekend

Last weekend was very nice. Friday, Brenda and I went down to one of the stages of the Tour of Utah bike race. The stage we saw was in SLC. It was a 5-loop course- very fun to watch. On some of the downhill streets, they were going over 60 mph! I got up to 40 once on my bike- I was scared out of my wits. Thought I was gonna puke and then die. But, I live to tell the tale.

One thing though, those guys on their bikes, as good as they are, were just not good enough- they didn't stand a chance against all those cops on motorcycles.... how is that fair??   ;)

Then on Saturday night, we went to the Utah Symphony and the Music of the Rolling Stones up at Deer Valley in Park City (hangin' with the cool peeps). We took a little picnic basket with goodies and enjoyed the cool mountain air. NOTE TO SELF: Next time, take a jacket. The Stones are not my fave, but the impersonators played some of their best stuff. I like their older stuff better- personally. Man, I thought people at the Rush concert were old! Nothing to compare to the OLD people at this concert. I mean, Mick Jagger just turned 70, so, I guess there would be some oldies about. They were all drunk and dancing with wine glasses in there hands, shakin' and grindin'- hilarious! We did get up and shake it a wee bit, but we just haven't had the practice dancing with wine glasses in our hands, so we did not partake in those activities   :) We had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. All these fun things you guys do make me wish I was out there doing them with you. Then, I guess, you'd be able to say you were REALLY hanging with the geriatric crowd!

    ReplyDelete