Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dark, Light Side of the Moon

This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I like to be part of it- a total eclipse of the moon. I've always enjoyed astronomy, the stars and all the mysteries that are out there. Can't wait until we can travel the galaxies... anyway, I digress....

I got up early in the morning when all was quiet, bundled up with several layers, and "slunk" out the door... after all, I didn't think anyone else was as weird and would like to brave the frigid temperatures that early. I walked north then west down the street to where there would be no light pollution- down by the cows, where they were gently mooing- no doubt a bit agitated seeing some stranger walking the street and disturbing their slumber. I wish I would have had a good camera to capture the event- maybe someday we'll be able to download that stuff from our brains. Now, that would be sweet, but again, I digress...

Here are a couple of pix I downloaded for you to enjoy- taken in Arches National Park in southern Utah.




...And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes I'll see you on the dark side of the moon....The Floyd

1 comment:

  1. "All that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." Ok, so not quite the same as this, but still very cool. I've always loved astronomy, too, brotha. Just another reason why you are so cool.

    ReplyDelete